Can I claim the UK tax free threshold if I am living in Australia?

This is a really common question, as many ex-UK, now Australian residents still need to complete UK tax returns. A case where this would be necessary is if they still hold UK rental property. The good, although rather odd news, is that yes you can claim the thresholds in both the UK and Australia. The rules are slightly different for Commonwealth citizens who are not British and more detail can be found here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s